Slimy Democrats Trying to Control Republican Races in Liberty County
So amazing I turned the TV off and browsed the internet. But there was no avoiding this kind of spin from Democrats today! Right there in black and white, Todd Fontenot and Allen Youngblood are working the same angle on the internet. Fontenot as commissioner has no rival in Liberty County in the area of spending and borrowing money. And Youngblood and the rest of the local liberal media is working bit by bit to sell voters on that idea and the idea that the new Republican County judge has been the culprit all along Amazing!
This political strategy seemed so lame when it first caught our attention, but Fontenot and Youngblood have picked up some allies and it is time to connect the dots. We have all heard politics makes strange bedfellows but think about what you have seen and heard in the last few weeks and you will see some of our local politicians twisting the truth to suit their needs. Here is the sequence of how this was put together:
1) Democrat Liberty Commissioner Todd Fontenot, desperate to prepare for the November election, decides to start campaigning like he is a conservative and rather than promising voters stuff like he usually does, he talks about saving money.
2) Sheriff Patterson worried that he might lose to Bobby Rader, decides to try and get the black voters in Cleveland’s precinct 20 to vote in the Republican primary for the first time in history.
3) Fontenot decides he could talk black voters in Ames to vote in the Republican primary for the first time, he could have them choose the person he considers to be his weakest potential opponent.
4) Logan Pickett suffering from the almost insurmountable obstacle of having almost no experience launches innuendo about his opponent being a liberal feminist and having connections that could lead to criminal activity… worries people know his opponent too well to believe it. He decides to meet with Patterson and see if he makes some kind of trade for help getting votes in the Cleveland area.
5) Fontenot continues to act like he is trying to cut cost and hold down expenses despite years and years of trying to spend money to keep voters happy to get re-elected. He blames the rising cost on County Judge McNair - despite the fact Judge McNair, Judge Cain, Judge Morefield, and Judge Chambers have worked together to save millions of dollars by not always housing people accused of non-violent crime in jail while they are awaiting trial.
6) One of Patterson closest friends is the CEC Warden Timothy New. He would lose his job if CEC doesn’t get the contract. Patterson allows the people bidding on the jail to see the figures he is going to turn in that show the kind of money he would need to manage the jail. Negotiations go sideways and CEC’s numbers suddenly go up- allegedly with Sheriff Henry Patterson’s scheming help.
7) CEC had already said they were going to raise their fees, but the money saving measures the judges took had them in a vulnerable/negotiating mood. Fontenot publicly expressed his anxiousness to sign the larger contract and skip the negotiations. Patterson’s tip puts CEC in the catbird’s seat.
8) Pickett, even though he knows it isn’t true, liked the “Blame it on a McNair” take because he is running against a McNair and it keeps people from focusing on the fact he has close to “zero” experience. He and Todd have a mutual interest in slinging the same mud. Fontenot and Pickett both need Ames to vote for them and the McNair angle helps them both.
THE PROBLEMS WITH THEIR ABOVE STRATEGIES
A) The problems with the high cost of the jail started with Todd Fontenot and company. If Todd Fontenot and Logan Pickett and Henry Patterson want to blame a Republican, it is difficult to separate McNair from the other three republican judges. Pickett and Patterson might as well be attacking every Republican. Republicans have taken money saving measures and they are still looking for ways to clean up one of many of the messes Todd Fontenot, Melvin Hunt and Lee Groce left in place.
B) Pickett and Patterson have linked themselves with the biggest tax and spend liberal local Democrat in Liberty County history.
C) Pickett, Patterson, and Fontenot are being a very deceptive by soliciting staunch Democrats to help them win their races.
D) This deceptive plan by Pickett, Patterson, and Fontenot will likely hurt Bobby Rader, Karen McNair, and Mike McCarty.
E) Allen Youngblood’s website warns people to vote for Logan Pickett because Liberty Dispatch is for Karen McNair. What they don’t say is that there has been no louder and consistent voice for Bobby Rader. There is no mystery here. Liberty Dispatch wants to complete the clean up of the good ole boy system. We have supported the candidates that would accomplish that. Youngblood is a liberal Democrat. There is no Democrat running for Sheriff and he, like almost everyone we know is for Rader. Mike Little (Liberty County’s Democrat D.A. and confidant of Youngblood) wants a good ole boy in his spot and as far as Youngblood is concerned, Pickett is the closest person he can find to a Democrat. Fontenot is a Democratic favorite of Little’s because he helps him at budget time. Fontenot has been way more cooperative than a sister in helping him get what he wants at budget time.
For a better future in Liberty County we need Bobby Rader for Liberty County Sheriff and Karen McNair for Liberty County DA - both elected.